www.quickmeds.co.uk is a website and service operated by Apothecare Group Limited ('we'/'us').
We at Apothecare Group Limited (t/a Quick Meds) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We assure you that we do not share your data with anyone unless it is for the sole purpose of safely fulfilling your order or improving our services to you. We do not sell data and never will. Your privacy is and will always be our first priority.
Please only proceed to use our website, purchase products, or use our services once you have understood and are satisfied with the content below.
Every member of our team is committed to delivering only the best possible customer service to you, so you can feel completely safe and confident about the confidential and correct medical advice you receive and treatment for your needs and ailments.
Apothecare Group Limited (t/a Quick Meds Ltd) are registered with Companies House (11824371) in England and Wales
- Registered address: 320a Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 3DN.
- Apothecare Group Limited (t/a Quick Meds Ltd) trading address: 153a Stamford Road, Birmingham, B20 3PS.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Apothecare Group Limited (t/a www.quickmeds.co.uk) (Companies House Registration No: 11824371) whose registered office is at 320a Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 3DN is the data controller responsible for your personal data (collectively 'QuickMeds', 'Apothecare Group Limited', 'we', 'us' or our in this policy).
We are registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with reference ZA536099.
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for enforcing this privacy notice.
Any concerns, queries, comments, or requests should be addressed to our address above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is this policy for?
This policy serves to notify and explain the following:
- The nature of the information we collect from or about you
- Define the purpose of collecting or obtaining the information from you
- Where this information is stored
- How the information we store is kept safe and secure
- How your information is used
- How and to whom your information may be shared and/or disclosed to
- Your rights regarding any data we hold about you
- What information do we collect from or about you
Collected from the device or system you use to access our website/service
In the process of operating our service and website, the following data is collected and processed about you:
- Registration information - this is the information you provide when registering to our website to access services, purchase products/services and when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Specific information - this is the information you provide when completing online screening questionnaires which are assessed by our qualified prescribers.
- Communicated information - this is any information you share with us when you communicate directly with us.
The above includes information conveyed via e-mail, telephone, post, or submitted on our website via forms, questionnaires, or live chat. This will include information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, GP details, medical history, social history, medical information, consultation responses, consultation notes, payment details including billing address and/or particulars relating to your order such as items, quantity and order frequency.
Any medical data may be collected via online forms and questionnaires you complete, telephone consultations, and secure messaging, as well as photo identification assessments.
Your data and any order history are treated with complete confidentiality. No staff member within the business will have access unless they are a health professional, and/or given permission to do so. We never disclose any medical data or personal information unless legally required and permitted to do so.
Your medical data will not be used by us to send you any marketing material unless you give us your consent to use your data for this purpose.
Third-Party Data Processors
Certain attributes may be shared with one or more of the below mentioned third party tools.
- Google Analytics– We use this alongside our own first-party cookies to provide statistics anonymously on how our site is used. Find more about google analytics
- Hotjar– We use Hotjar to get a better understanding of our customers and improve the user experience.
- Trustpilot– We use this site to present our service and product reviews which customers have access to. Find more about Trust Pilot here
- Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions UK Limited– This service is used to verify identity and input user information provided to be validated before consultations and/or approving any orders in line with regulations which govern online pharmacy.
- Opayo / Elavon?– We use Opayo (formerly SagePay) /Elavon to process all your transactions/or provide refunds.
Please note that all third-party sources we use have their own Privacy Policies. We recommend you refer to this for further information if required.
QuickMeds use LexisNexis Risk Solutions UK Limited to ensure our patients are whom they say they are. This is a regulatory requirement which we must carry out on all new customers placing an order.
Three data sources will be checked by LexisNexis: Credit agencies, telephone database, and voting register.
- LexisNexis Ltd,
Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street,
Consent is assumed by virtue of accessing the service as follows:
- You authorise LexisNexis and/or any of their appointed agents to carry out all necessary searches, including searches of consumer credit records to verify my information
- You agree to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law that you will not hold LexisNexis, its officers, employees, agents and/or customers liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages and to hold harmless LexisNexis, its officers, directors, employees, agents and customers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of LexisNexis' website or any of the services provided by LexisNexis
- You confirm to the best of your knowledge, having exercised due skill and care that the information you have given is complete, true and correct. You agree to the use of your information as detailed in the above declaration.
Should you have any questions about this process please contact us. (Contact us hyperlinked)
Whom is your data shared with?
In the provision of our service we rely on the support of selected third parties:
- Securing access to and from our website
- Sending you order-related e-mails and other communications
- Storing your personal medical data in a secure manner
- Our trained staff to deliver the service
- Our payment provider to ensure we are able to securely take payment for our services and products
- Our laboratory services provider (The Doctors Laboratory) to provide laboratory testing services to you.
- Royal Mail or UPS to deliver your item to you
- Selected third parties to send you marketing e-mails.
As a constantly adapting and responsive company, we prefer to ensure we understand how our customers and patients use and access your website and services. Selected third-party providers are engaged to:
- Collect reviews of our products and services.
- Personalise the adverts you receive regarding our services.
- Collect and analyse information on how our customers and patients access our website.
This is necessary for us to continue to improve the quality and level of service we provide you, ensure our website is working optimally and ensure relevant marketing communications reach the most appropriate customers and patients.
- There may also arise certain legal circumstances in which we may have to disclose your information - only if absolutely necessary, only the required information will be shared.
- To detect, prevent, and/or address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Any duty placed upon us to disclose or share your data to comply with any legal obligation to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the property, rights or safety of Apothecare Group Limited, our partners, entities and customers.
- Sharing of appropriate information with other businesses and organisations for the purpose of fraud and credit risk detection and reduction.
Where your information is shared with any third parties they do not have the authority to make use of your personal data in any way other than for the reason for which it was initially provided. All partner organisations are required to comply with the same data security and protection measures to ensure your personal information is processed appropriately in line with regulations and data processing agreements.
When information is shared with our internal staff this may include appropriately trained prescribers, pharmacists, technicians, dispensary staff, healthcare assistants, and customer care representatives; all of whom are bound by strict codes of conduct both professional and internal which ensure the safety of your personal data.
How do we store your information?
Any information you provide us is stored safely and securely on a private database which is only accessed by our prescribers, pharmacists, technicians, dispensary staff, healthcare assistants, customer care staff, and our IT support team.
The platform itself is hosted on our own servers in the UK.
FAO SHAZAD, PLEASE PUT SERVER INFORMATION HERE!
How long do we hold your information/data for?
Your data is only held for as long as is necessary. Our internal retention policy details the length of time each type of data is held for.
- Medical data is held in accordance with national guidance (up to the death of the patient plus ten years).
- Anonymised data is kept for an indefinite period as this by its very nature cannot be used to identify you.
Your Rights regarding any information we hold about you
Declining consent for us to process your data
- Visit your account and decline consent under 'marketing preferences'
- Use the 'unsubscribe' link which you will find at the bottom of any marketing e-mails we send you (This will not unsubscribe you from communications which are necessary for us to provide any services you access from us)
- Contacting us directly Contacting us will be hyperlinked to contact us page
Amending your data
If there is any information we hold on you which is incorrect you can update it in your account settings. Should you come across anything which is not amendable in your account settings (such as responses to screening questionnaires) then please contact us directly. Contacting us will be hyperlinked to contact us page
Your right to erasure
You have the right to request your data be deleted and we have a duty to comply except where there is a legal requirement for us not to delete selected data. Medico-legal requirements mean we must store certain data as per national guidelines and consequently, it cannot be deleted. If you wish to terminate your relationship with us you can terminate your account within account settings - your account will then stop working. You will no longer receive any communications from us except where legally required.
Your right to access your data
You can request to see your data and any information we hold about at any time - you must put your request in writing but you can contact us via any of the methods on our contact us page. We will need to have proof of identity before we supply any information to ensure we are sharing the information with the right person.
Your right to move your data to another provider
If you wish to move your data to a different provider/company, contact us and we will transfer the data in a commonly used format to facilitate this.
Your right withdraw consent at any time
We rely on your consent to process any personal data you provide to us. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of information processing based on your compliance. However, if you do withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access certain services and/or features where consent is necessary.
Should you wish to make a complaint about the collection or use of your personal data, you can contact us any time, and we would be happy to come to a resolution.
Your have right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the regulatory body overseeing data protection law within the United Kingdom. If you wish to raise the complaint, please visit the ICO website and follow their complaint process.
- Contact Number: 0121 628 5318
- Email Us:email@example.com